Monday, November 28, 2011

My Body Back Journey by Libby- final installment!

Before
Wednesday 11/9 10pm
I watched everything I ate today, only healthy things and a lot of water! I wish I did that every day as I felt so much better. I was worried I was going to be disappointed in my weight loss which I was a little, but again I didn’t give this 100% the last few weeks. Although I now fit in my pre-maternity pants which is something in itself! So I know the weight will come in time and wearing my regular clothes will help me get there!
A few weeks ago Jackie asked us to give up a bad habit. My bad habit is drinking soda. I drink about 1 a day. Somehow I stuck to it and kicked the soda everyday and now have about 1 soda a week so that was a big accomplishment for me! I’ve drank more water in the past 8 weeks than I ever have and now it’s a habit to fill my water bottle every morning.
 
 
 
After
The assessment class tonight went a lot better than I expected! I lost a total of 5lbs. As much is this was about weight for me, it was more so about starting new habits and changing my life. I had 10 extra pounds from having 2 kids and I knew this was my chance to get over the hump and once I did, I would be back to an even healthier me.
I can’t do it all in 8 weeks but I feel really good about the path I’m on now. These 8 weeks were about taking time for myself and realizing I needed to make changes in my diet and start exercising on a regular basis even if it was for 15 minutes while my kids played. There is always an excuse, especially with our busy lives and having children but nothing works with an unhappy and unhealthy Mom. I want my children to have healthy lifestyles.
Before
This class taught me a lot. It taught me to start small with exercising, changing what we eat, drinking more water and slowly giving up thinks like sugar and soda of which I love both! I loved the inspiration I got from Jackie and the other Mom’s in class. I think we all need the support in class and outside. I really enjoyed the facebook group as it was encouragement during the week, sometimes when I needed it most.

Sunday 11/13 8pm
Tonight we had a Final results party! It was at the Blue Jean’s Bar. It’s a great store with tons of different types and styles of jeans! A great place to reward yourself for 8 weeks of hard work! It was fun to see everyone in “regular” clothes with makeup on! More importantly it was exciting to see the changes we all made over the past 8 weeks and the support that got us all there! Thanks Jackie and Victoria!
After
Here I am 8 weeks later….I lost 5 pounds. I lost 2 inches in my waist which I am thrilled about as I knew it was something since I am no longer in my maternity pants! Bye-Bye maternity pants, it was fun! I think the best part for me was seeing the before and after pictures. I look so different! My pushup improvements were 60% but to be honest, I only did 6 the first night of class. I am not a fan of pushups. My plan improved 40% and overall I am very happy with where I am 8 weeks later.
I will miss this group as it really did change my life and how I view exercising. I will miss Jackie saying “Belly buttons in”, as I always need the reminder. I might even miss Friday nights and dreading Saturday mornings. But once I was at class on Saturdays I was so glad I made it and left knowing it was the best way to start the weekend and to remind myself of what to do and what not to do! I will miss Jackie’s upbeat music but I know this is a start to a new me and I don’t want to let myself go back to where I was. I’m so glad I took this class for many different reasons! Jackie, I’ve said it before and will say it again, you are a true inspiration!

No comments: