Monday, December 19, 2011

Recipe of the Week- Sugar Cookies

I'm sure that some of you may be surprised to see this post from me- I usually keep the recipes pretty clean and healthy for this blog.  But life is all about finding balance, right?  I firmly believe that you can give yourself occassional treats if you have earned them.  One of the things I will not ever give up is making sugar cookies for Christmas with my girls.  My mom made them with me, I make them with my girls, and let's hope someday I can make them with my grandchildren :)  I love MAKING them, but try to have a few rules when EATING them.  I only eat them when I am sitting down at the table with a glass of milk- not standing in the kitchen, not standing at the table, not walking around the house.  So here is my favorite recipe for sugar cookies.  Whatever your indulgences may be this holiday season, I hope you enjoy them!  And then get your booty to class to work them off.

Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 sticks melted butter
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1 t. baking powder
2 1/2 c. flour

- Mix sugar, vanilla and eggs.  Pour in the butter.  Add baking powder and flour and stir until smooth.
- Chill 1 hour, or freeze about 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough until about 1/4 inch thick.  Cut with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees, until edges just start to brown.

No comments: