Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recipe of the Week- Frittata Muffins

I've been making omelette's for myself a lot lately in order to try to get more veggies in to my diet.  My only complaint?  It's time consuming on our busy mornings.  So I thought I'd try coming up with something quick that I could make ahead of time and just heat up quickly.  Here's what I came up with- also a side note, I used spinach and red pepper, but you can use any of your favorite omelette fillers for this recipe.

Frittata Muffins- makes 6 muffins- serving size 2 or 3 muffins, depending on your appetite :)

2 eggs
4 egg whites
1 c. chopped spinach
1/2 c. chopped red pepper
1/4 c. cheese made with 2% milk
salt and pepper to taste
LOTS of cooking spray or foil baking cups

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine the eggs, egg whites, chopped spinach, red pepper, cheese and salt and pepper.  Line your muffin pan with foil baking cups, or a lot of cooking spray (these really stick!) Fill muffins 3/4 of the way full with egg mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm.  Cool slightly and remove from pan.  Enjoy right away, or put them in the refrigerator and microwave in the morning for a quick breakfast.
 

No comments: