Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Here we go!

Ok, so I've decided to give this whole blogging thing a shot. I am now officially a blogger! I created this blog to help spread the word about Stroller Strides, a fitness programs for moms that has absolutely changed my life. I am always asked in class how I got started, so here's my story:


I had my daughter M in September 2006. I returned to work after 8 weeks maternity leave to find that my entire mindset had changed. I just couldn't bear leaving her at home with someone else, while I went to work and counted the hours down until I got home. So I began looking in to other options. I had seen the Stroller Strides on the Today show years ago, before I'd had children, and it seemed like such a great program! Mom's could get a great workout, meet other moms and do it all with their baby. I looked up
Stroller Strides online to see if there were any classes in the area. When I found out that there was no location in the City yet, something clicked. One thing led to another, and I decided to take a leap of faith and start Stroller Strides Chicago.


I became a Certified Group Fitness Instructor through the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America and Stroller Strides Certified in pre and post natal fitness. We started offering classes in July of last year, and have been going strong ever since.

So what is it I LOVE about Stroller Strides? Everything! Not only is Stroller Strides an excellent workout, but it's fun. We keep things fresh and change things up as much as possible so there is no getting bored with your workout. It's not like you dread going to Stroller Strides like you may dread going to the gym to squeeze in that workout. You get to stay with your little one, get to see your friends in class and get a great workout- what more could you ask for? More? Ok, well not only do we have 7 classes a week to choose from, but we have playgroups 2 times a week, Mom's Night's Out at least once a month, and special afternoon playtimes. Stroller Strides is as much a social and support network of moms as it is an exercise class.

Want to check out our current schedule? Visit
Stroller Strides Chicago for more information. Your first class is always FREE! You can sign up for a FREE preview online.

No comments: